Invisalign – Lakewood, CO
Subtly Achieve the Straight Smile You’ve Always Wanted
Would you like to fix your crooked teeth without tarnishing your image by wearing metal braces? If so, Invisalign is the clear solution! These see-through aligners straighten your teeth with the people around you being none the wiser. As a certified Invisalign provider, Dr. Tavi Henry can’t wait to help you feel proud of your grin with this treatment. To schedule an consultation to discuss Invisalign in Lakewood, CO here at Dedicated Dentistry, just give us a call!
Why Choose Dedicated Dentistry for Invisalign?
- Caring, Gentle Dentist Who Listens to Your Unique Needs
- Relaxing Dental Office Environment
- See Your Results Beforehand with Smile Vision Technology
What Are Invisalign® Clear Aligners?
As the name implies, Invisalign is the virtually invisible way to align crooked teeth and subtly achieve the straight smile you’ve always wanted. This system uses a series of clear trays that are custom-made for your teeth. Each of these sets of plastic aligners, which you’ll wear for a few weeks at a time, shifts your smile little by little until the entire thing is perfectly aligned.
Benefits of Invisalign® Clear Aligners
Compared to traditional braces, Invisalign is much better suited to most people’s day-to-day lives. Some of Invisalign’s benefits include:
- You can remove the aligners at any time, so you don’t need to alter your diet or the way you brush and floss.
- Because the plastic aligners fit snugly over your teeth, they shouldn’t irritate your mouth the way that metal wires and brackets do.
- Most people won’t even notice that you’re wearing the aligners at all.
- On average, treatment with Invisalign is shorter (i.e., 12-18 months) than it is with braces (i.e., 2-3 years).
Candidates for Invisalign®
Invisalign can help teenagers and adults alike get straight smiles the easy way. While traditional braces are still more effective at fixing severe orthodontic issues, Invisalign can often correct mild to moderate cases of overcrowding, gapped teeth, and bite alignment problems like overbite, underbite, open bite, and crossbite. To find out whether Invisalign is right for you, you’ll need to schedule a consultation with Dr. Henry.
Certified Invisalign® Provider
Because Dr. Henry is a certified Invisalign provider, you don’t need to visit a separate orthodontic office to straighten your smile. Instead, you can align your pearly whites in the same place and with the same team you entrust with all your other oral healthcare needs. Not only that, but with our advanced Smile Vision technology, you can get a sneak preview of what your results will look like before you even begin treatment!
It’s not uncommon for teens to have concerns about the noticeability of brackets and wires. They don’t need to have anxiety about the appearance of their teeth with Invisalign. Many teenagers are candidates for clear aligners. Dr. Tavi Henry can create a straight, beautiful smile with Invisalign Teen. It provides a subtle solution to fix many bite and alignment problems comfortably.
How is Invisalign Teen Different?
Invisalign works through continual pressure applied to the teeth by clear aligners. Each aligner moves your teen’s teeth in small increments to improve their alignment and bite. The method is similar to the technique used for adults, but there are a couple of differences with Invisalign Teen:
- Small Indicator Dots: Teens often forget to change their aligners every 1-2 weeks as instructed by their dentist. Invisalign Teen makes it easy to remember because the aligners feature small blue dots to promote treatment compliance.
- Complimentary Replacement Aligners: Teens are more likely to break or misplace their aligners. Don’t fret. Dr. Henry offers complimentary replacement aligners to keep your teen’s treatment on track.
Is Invisalign Right for Your Teen?
Invisalign is suitable for many teens, but they’ll require a consultation with Dr. Henry to ensure it’s the right treatment for your child’s needs. Your teen may be a good candidate depending on:
- The Complexity of Tooth Movements: Invisalign can correct various alignment issues, but there are limitations.
- Your Teen’s Habits: Invisalign Teen requires self-discipline to wear the aligners as instructed. Besides abiding by their treatment plan, they must also have good oral hygiene habits.
- Your Teen’s Preferences: Henry will learn more about your teen’s goals and preferences to determine if clear aligners are the right treatment for them.
The Benefits of Invisalign Teen
Invisalign is the preferred solution for teens needing braces. Clear aligners offer exceptional benefits not possible with traditional orthodontics, including:
- Discrete: Your child won’t have to worry about wires or brackets drawing unwanted attention to their teeth. Invisalign is virtually undetectable to promote your teen’s confidence during their treatment.
- Safe for Sports: Trauma to the mouth during sports can cause serious oral injuries from brackets and wires. Invisalign is a safer solution because the aligners are smooth. However, they aren’t a substitute for an athletic mouthguard.
- Removable: Your teen doesn’t have to miss out on eating their favorite snacks because Invisalign is removable. However, they must commit to wearing their aligners for at least 22 hours per day.
- Affordable: Invisalign Teen can cost about the same as metal braces using your dental insurance.
Understanding the Cost of Invisalign
Many patients researching the cost of Invisalign are hoping to find a flat fee; however, there truly isn’t one! Each treatment plan is completely customized, which is one of the many reasons the initial consultation is so important. At this appointment, we can provide you with an estimate of the cost upfront and review all of the available financial solutions to ensure the financial component of your treatment is as stress-free as possible. Of course, if you want to learn more on the topic before your visit, you can read on as well.
Factors That Affect the Cost of Invisalign
Your initial consultation with Dr. Tavi Henry allows you to share your smile goals, ask questions about the treatment process, and learn more about his experience with Invisalign. It also allows him to conduct an oral exam, take X-rays, and determine:
- How severe your misalignment is
- How many aligners are needed to straighten your teeth
- If you need to straighten one or both arches
- If rubber bands and other orthodontic accessories are needed
Important note: these are just a few of the factors that impact the cost upfront. Once you begin treatment, your compliance with the guidelines will also play a role. For example, if you don’t wear your aligners for 20-22 hours a day, your teeth won’t track properly, which may necessitate more aligners.
Invisalign vs. Smile Direct Club™: Which Costs More?
Smile Direct Club™ does come with a lower upfront price, but that doesn’t mean it’s the best choice. Mail-order aligner companies often skip crucial steps in the treatment process, including a thorough exam to determine if you’re a good candidate. They also rely on their patients’ DIY impressions, which can be difficult to use and lead to inaccurate results. So, it’s not surprising that so many patients have spoken out about the worsened misalignment (and, in some cases, fallen out teeth!) they’ve experienced as a result. Simply put, professional orthodontic treatments, like Invisalign, are a much better option for your smile and wallet.
Does Dental Insurance Cover Invisalign?
There are some plans that do cover a portion of the cost of Invisalign! If you are unsure if you have orthodontic benefits, our team can help. We work with many of the nation’s leading providers, including Delta Dental, Principal, Guardian, and Humana. Of course, you can also reach out to your provider directly as well. They often have help lines specifically for answering important questions about benefits and coverage.
Options for Making Invisalign Affordable
In addition to welcoming dental insurance, our team is proud to offer our patients additional financial solutions, including:
- CareCredit – A trusted third-party financier, CareCredit offers patients numerous payment plans to choose from. As a result, you can break up your payments into manageable chunks that won’t put stress on your wallet.
- KLEER® In-House Membership – Our in-house membership plan helps you save significantly on your dental care. There is even a 20% discount on all procedures completed in our Lakewood dental office!
- Special Offers – Although our special offers periodically change, they are all designed to lower your out-of-pocket expenses. To learn about our latest ones, give us a call!
Invisalign® Frequently Asked Questions
Are you eager to start your Invisalign journey, but still slightly unsure whether it’s the right choice for you? You’ve come to the right place! While the best way to learn more about what to expect with Invisalign is to attend a consultation with Dr. Henry, you can browse this section of frequently asked Invisalign questions below.
How Long Should I Wear Invisalign?
In order for your teeth to move as scheduled, you’ll need to wear the aligners for at least 22 hours a day. Essentially, the only times you take them out should be when you eat, drink, brush, or floss. If you don’t spend enough time per day wearing the aligners, your teeth won’t shift as quickly, so your treatment will take longer.
Can I Wear Invisalign Aligners While Drinking and Eating?
Unless you’re drinking plain water, you always need to remove your Invisalign aligners before eating and drinking. Otherwise, you could stain your trays – making them more noticeable – or damage them – prolonging your treatment time. After eating or drinking, brush your teeth (or at least rinse your mouth with water) before placing the aligners back in your mouth.
How Long Does Invisalign Treatment Take?
The length of your Invisalign treatment depends on the specific movements your teeth need to make, as well as your dedication to wearing your aligners as directed. On average, most patients finish their Invisalign treatment after 12 to 18 months. This may sound like a long time, but keep in mind that traditional braces usually take 24 to 36 months to deliver the same results.
Can I Wear Invisalign Aligners While I Sleep?
Yes, you can and should wear your Invisalign aligners while you sleep. In fact, not wearing your aligners to bed could prevent your teeth from shifting into the desired positions. It could even make your teeth revert toward their old locations, ruining whatever progress you’d make that day. Always wear your aligners to bed!
When Should I Replace My Invisalign Aligners?
It depends on the details of your treatment plan, but in most cases, you’ll wear each set of aligners for about two or three weeks before moving onto the next. Every set is focused on moving a small portion of your smile at a time, and once that section is complete, it will be time to switch to the next.